Firebase is Google’s mobile application development platform that helps you build, improve, and grow your app. In this article, we will “Getting started with Firebase on Android” by building a simple app. So without any further, discuss let’s get started.
Getting started with Firebase on Android
Step 2– If you do not have a project then create a new Firebase demo project.
Step 3- Before adding Firebase on the project. Make sure that your project follows this thing:
- Targets API level 16 (Jelly Bean) or later & compile SDK Version 28 or later.
- Uses Gradle 4.1 or later.
- Uses Jetpack (AndroidX).
- com.android.tools.build:gradle v3.2.1 or later.
Step 4- After Created your project. Sign up into Firebase using your google account.
Step 5- Create a Firebase project (Step 1 to 3)
Add Firebase to your Android App.
- Enter your project package name & Nick Name
- Copy package name from Android Studio.
- Enter Debug signing certificate SHA-1 (optional) and Click Register App
Step 7– Download config file and copy downloaded google-service.json. and Paste in the android studio.
Step 9– Add Firebase SDK. Add classpath on project dependencies.
Step 10- Apply the Google Services in your module (app-level) Gradle file.
Step 11- Add dependencies on the App level build.gradle.
Step 11- Click Next
Step 12- Set up a physical device or use an emulator to run your app to verify the installation.
Step 13- That’s it, Now you will see the main dashboard of the Firebase console.
Congrats! You’ve completed adding Firebase to your Android project.
In feature tutorial, we will see how we can add Firebase service to the app like:
- Set up to check user behavior with Analytics.
- Set up a user authentication flow with Authentication.
- Set up database to Store data, like user information, with Realtime Database & Cloud Firestore. As well as how to Store files, like photos and videos, with Cloud Storage.
- Send Firebase push notifications with Cloud Messaging.
- Set Up Crashlytics to find out when and why your app is crashing.
I hope you liked the post. If you have any questions regarding this post. Feel free to comment and share the post with your friends.
Thanks for reading…